Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oh Dear, Diary

I have never been good at keeping a consistent diary. It is ironic because I love notebooks and have about 45 of them that each have 4.5 pages of writing. Can’t stop buying notebooks.

If I do successfully embrace the blogging thing, my notebook obsession might actually appear ridiculous.

I bring this up because my tax preparer told me I need to keep a mileage log or at least a diary of everything I do everyday so I could, if audited, create a log that would support my deductions.

Seriously?

Write down everything I do EVERYDAY? I am already attempting to write my morning pages everyday (The crux of The Artist’s Way, a 12 week course that has taken me a year and a half and counting). I also have to keep a food diary for Weight Watchers (or whatever diet I am currently on) as well as a money diary in order to track the sieve that is my spending. Now I am supposed to add to that a tax log?

Really?


“Dear Diary, Today I woke up late again, 11AM Yikes! I did accidentally stay up until 5AM watching reruns of Angel (can that count as a tax deduction for Satellite TV if the show is in syndication?). I drove 2.2 miles (personal miles) to pick up my dry cleaning (non costume, non deductible) that has been sitting there for over two weeks! I wonder if the pants I got hemmed will even fit anymore considering I ate all of my allotted 22 points for the day plus 20 of my flex points yesterday.

Black beans 4pts, Rice 4pts., Sour Cream, 4??pts., Fake Sausage 2pts, Olive oil??, Almonds 4pts, Cheese and bread 10? Birthday Cake 10pts?


In my defense, a customer I waited on left me the cake. That totally blindsided me. I really didn’t have enough points for that especially after the baked goat cheese mistake on table 34 (I SWEAR those idiots ordered it).
Anyway, after the dry cleaner I drove to a voice over audition (13.2 business miles) It was a great audition and I should get it. I mean really, it was about eating cereal to lose weight! Who would be better at that than me? I mean, I’ve tried it (It doesn’t work, but whatever) It is a great idea in theory and I would try it again.

I stopped at the Target for coffee (can that be considered an office supply?) and ended up buying this totally cute sweater/jackety thing for $27 on sale for $24.99. Not much of a deal if I think about it, but totally cute and worth it. I will use it all the time.

After that, I took the dogs for a walk and, of course, I carried Hobbit most of the way because he just lays down on the sidewalk in some kind of pug protest. I do think I may have burned a few extra calories doing it so, great.
I jumped rope while watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory (Satellite TV, totally tax deductible). Then it was the 7.4 miles to work (commuting miles) where I again ate too much and didn’t drink enough water. So all in all another great day of self sabatoge. Yay me.”


Can you imagine???

No comments:

Post a Comment