Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Trying to be a better me for a better Earth


Today is Earth Day and I am reminded that I have still not completely broken up with plastic.

I want to. I really do.

However, it is in direct conflict with my current obsession with electrolyte water. I am convinced it does a superior job of hydrating. Based on nothing, but still. Giving up plastic bags was a snap. The cute reusable totes are fabulous. It is those damn plastic water bottles! I’m having a problem. I have given up buying the small bottles but those large electrolyte bottles...curse you, superior hydration.

Now this is not for lack of trying. I spent a good 2 weeks searching out those stainless steel portable bottles. I bought two Sigg bottles and 6 glass decanters. I finally got rid of the plastic Brita pitcher (impossible to keep clean) and replaced it with a filter on the faucet. It was truly easy to install. I thought it was an under the sink, only if you own a home deals but turns out, it wasn’t. Super simple and on sale at Target. The filters are a little more expensive but the box told me that it saves 269 plastic bottles a month. I'm not sure what size plastic bottle they are referring to. They really should be more specific.

Now I just need to find someone who puts electrolytes in candy or cupcakes and all my dreams for me and the environment will come true. Of course it should be an organic cupcake in a biodegradable bag, made on a cruelty free, sustainable cupcake farm. All natural, earth friendly, hydrating deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment