Saturday, August 15, 2009

In a long series of things to do I have a few more things to do.

I accomplished a HUGE project today. Something that has been on all of my To Do lists forever. It was a really exciting moment because I got to go through my apartment and pull out all of my various pieces of paper and cross it off of every To Do I had. I broke it down into smaller sections on some lists so I had the pleasure of scratching off multiple things.

The really annoying thing is that I still have so much To Do. Compiling my lists made me realize that in the meanwhile I've racked up a shit load of shit to do.

What I thought was going to be a shining moment, a huge weight lifted, the beginning of a long respite actually had the complete opposite effect.

So I've made a pact with myself. I'm not taking anything else on. No more. After all of this, I am done doing stuff. I'm quitting everything.

Just as soon as I finish everything on all of these lists.

I'm really looking forward to it. Sure these next few weeks are going to be intense as I try to power through all of this stuff that I haven't been able to accomplish in years. But hey, the reward is going to be SWEET.

I cannot wait until I have NOTHING TO DO.

I hope I don't die.

Wouldn't that be awful? I'm not even trying to be morbid. I mean wouldn't that just suck if life is only as long as it takes you to accomplish your to do lists? I guess in a profound, philosophical, grand scheme type thing that is true. But what if it were literally true?

You know what. I'm going to risk it. It will be such a great moment (and now maybe a scary one) when I scratch that last little thing off of my list.

Now should I make a master list or keep the lists I have? Good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment