Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's sick really

I went to the doctor to have a mole type thing removed from my practically transparent, cancer magnet of an epidermis. (Oh for some beautiful, protective pigment). I don't actually have the c word yet but I'm pretty sure it's lurking so I constantly go to the dermatologist and point to things on my body that I'm concerned about. I don't like going to the doctor at all and I'm not a hypochondriac. I am really trying to see if I can get some microdermabrasion or some other fabulous facial type service and have it only cost me a co-pay. The upside of the HMO is that I can go to the doctor whenever I want without worrying about spending too much. The downside is they're not into microdermabrasion or anything fancy. So the doctor removed the mole type thing and said I could go down to the pharmacy and get this antibiotic ointment stuff. Which I assumed was like neosporin which I have at home. I was about to leave when I started thinking

"well maybe it isn't like neosporin. Maybe it is better than neosporin. I like neosporin a lot, I think it is miraculous but maybe I want something new. I'll just go down to the ghetto pharmacy in the building and check it out. I mean, if I don't need it I won't get it. This place is so dingy. Hmmm what are those? pill boxes. I could use a pill box. These aren't bad. I would buy that. Ok, if I'm getting the ointment, I'll get that hand lotion too. Maybe I should get this chapstick. I don't really need it but I'll get it since I'm here. They don't really have much and all these boxes look dusty. Oh, here's the ointment. It isn't even prescription. It is exactly like neosporin. Should I get it anyway? No. Jesus. Get it together! You don't need anything. Krista, put everything down and walk out of the gross pharmacy NOW!"

This just proves that I could find something to buy anywhere. I do have a sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment