Monday, August 10, 2009

Nostalgia is as nostalgia does and some such

Here are some really important things you should know:

I can spot a ding dong from a mile away.
I knew a 'zinger' as soon as I saw it (and got a little teary) even though I don't recall ever having one.
In a completely unblind taste test, the crumb cake beats out both the ding dong and the twinkie based on the criteria of fresh moist cake and the zinger wins for best cake to creme filling ratio.

In the spirit of full disclosure the zebra cake, star crunch and nutty bar were noticeably absent from said taste test. I wandered the streets trying to find them but to no avail. They still haunt my dreams.

After two days of eating nostalgia I was reminded that my problem goes way back. I may tell myself I can quit at any time but the reality is...

I'm a junkie

Perhaps this was the tipping point for the all carb showdown last week.

you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment