Monday, August 3, 2009

Sometimes trends come out of necessity and sheer force of will. make it so.

Here's the thing. I seem to have a lot of pants in my closet that I'm not wearing because I haven't had them hemmed. I tend to get really excited by any pair of pants that will accommodate my thighs regardless of the length. Well with my own personal recession going on I haven't been able to pull the trigger on going to the dry cleaners. That and I can't decide what shoes to hem them to. It seems such a permanent decision and then the choice problem comes into play. So I think I am going to start a new trend of wearing pants that are slightly different lengths. Whether I decide to just cut them or get a needle and thread and sew them myself, the result will be the same: they will be uneven and look like the handy work of a five year old.

I am going to tell everyone "it's the new thing" If I just keep saying it is totally in and wear them with confidence, I think I can pull it off. Who knows, maybe lots of people will start wearing my new "unkempt hem look."

"OMG, I love your pants. Is that the new 'chewed' hem by Baby Tiger?"
"it is! Aren't they fantastic. Totally worth the tons of money I paid for them."
"I really like yours too. That hem is so unique."
"Thanks. I love that no two hems are alike. These even have different colored thread because she didn't have enough blue."
"It's a great look. I heard she only sews with hotel sewing kits."
"I know. So innovative."
"I wish I could not know how to sew like her."
"Me too."
"sigh"
"sigh"

Totally gonna do it.

2 comments:

  1. krista, i totally empathize with you. Damn it. is that how you spell empathize? shit. i am the 3rd grade spelling bee champ for christ sake. i cant even spell empathize? anyway, i have about a thousand dollars worth of jeans in my closet, and I can't wear any of them because they're too long. (and some are too tight and i fear a yeast infection if i dare to wear). i've had them for years, but cant decide which shoes to hem them to either...and it takes time to do this. sometimes i think you and i are the same person.
    and i also think i just blogged on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often suspected we are the same person as well. Weird.

    ReplyDelete