Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I know it sounds gross but it is really quite pretty.

For anyone still counting, I haven't given up my dream of purple and blue eyeshadows. I realize most hues oxidize on my lids and make me look kind of tired and corpse-like but there are thousands of different shades and I'm certain I will be able to wear one of them. I've been told that perhaps I should stick with violets instead of eggplant so I went and got that (Mac Creme de Violet) and I also found a dark purple/reddish color if you can imagine. Stila Pigalle. Sephora online describes it as a "deep shimmering wine." Here is a picture of it but you should really see it in person to get the effect. It looks much lighter here:
So, I put both on my lids and I have to say I love it. The effect is kind of bruise-like but a really pretty bruise. Ummm let's see, more like a fresh bruise as if someone just clocked you super hard. Deep purple red.

Who would have thought?
The really important lesson here is sometimes you just have to keep experimenting because you never know what you will end up loving.

1 comment:

  1. it makes me think of the balck eye Kim Leigh Smith gave me... (WHORE BITCH CUNT)... yeah... good times...

    ReplyDelete