Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Making a statement...with some lipstick

I watched Top Gun last night and I have to say that Kelly McGillis knows how to work some red lipstick. It wasn't always the greatest shade of red either but she totally committed to the look and I gotta tell ya, I pulled out my brightest lipstick today. Finally the chapped horror is gone and I can actually embrace a bold lip at long last. Sometimes you have to look back to look forward. That sounded profound in my head.

My friend Kristina always loved bright red lips and I was always in admiration of that look. She could work it even if she didn't have a stitch of makeup on otherwise. How could I have forgotten it? I guess the smokey eye with the nude lip has had a stronghold for awhile. Time to change it up.

Bright red lips are definitely a statement look and you have to back it up with some attitude. It will inherently give you strength. You'll even walk a little differently. You might even catch yourself giving a sassy wink here and there.

Bright red lipstick girl is super fun.
Time for an outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment