Monday, September 28, 2009

Marketing people must love me to death

So I am a HUGE fan of Project Runway as I have stated. Tonight I stumbled upon an infomercial for Heidi Klum's product "In an Instant." It apparently softens your wrinkles ummm instantly. I watched it for only about 5 min and they weren't telling me where I can get it and how many billions of dollars it is going to be. So I went online to check it out. It is $39.99 (why is it always something .99?)

Anyway, I caught myself mid purchase and realized I didn't really know what I was doing. All I know is I have wrinkles, I love Heidi Klum and she is telling me it works and I believe her. How long has Heidi been moonlighting like this?

Now I'm confused. I still really want it but I feel I owe it to myself and my pocketbook to pause a moment and really look into this product instead of thinking "if I hate it, I can get my money back." I LOVE trying new things. As I have also stated, I love believing in magic. I am not gullible, I'm full of hope. HUGE difference and to prove my point, tomorrow I will tell you about something I'm not getting sucked into.

So I am going to wait a few days and see if I'm still thinking about it. Or maybe I'll get it when the brand new wrinkle helper I just bought runs out.

This is my new thing. I pause. Most of the time I end up getting whatever it is but sometimes I don't.

For me that is progress.

2 comments:

  1. Krista, my aunt tried some expensive wrinkle cream once. She used it for awhile and it totally worked. BUT when she stopped using it, she got even more wrinkly! It was gross! Her face totally shriveled up.

    I hope she doesn't read your blog.

    Plus, you have perfect skin. Don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching an expose' on wrinkle treatment creams & the experts were saying that none of the creams worked... as in, they didn't actually CORRECT any of your wrinkles, they just temporarily hid them... and I ask, SO?!?! I am fairly hideous when I first wake up, but I would NEVER leave the house that way... the cream does NOT have to FIX the problem... because if it HIDES the problem on a CONTINUAL BASIS OF FOREVER, then who-the-fuck cares?!?!? I am not fashionable while naked, but my clothes make me look like I am.

    ReplyDelete