Thursday, October 8, 2009

Will wonders never cease

I find it fascinating what clothes people take to the dry cleaners. Obviously people bring items that are important or fancy or are things that require special care. I have even taken shirts that I am too lazy to iron (I kind of suck at ironing) but they are nicer shirts that don't look right all "just rolled out of bed" wrinkled.

Today I saw a giant, bright pink Smurf t-shirt on a hanger covered in plastic.

Hmmmmm.
Well, of course. You wouldn't want it to fade or the silk screening to crack. You have to protect that shit cuz you can't find smurf t-shirts anymore. It is like a vintage concert t-shirt. It has meaning and sentimentality. It brings you back. To those wild times. Those wild smurf watching times.

It was all by itself (they must have made a special trip) so I couldn't see what other clothes they felt worthy of dry cleaning.

It was grumpy smurf. He's so funny, that little blue guy with his arms all crossed.

I was dying to see who it belonged to. I waited in my car for awhile but they never showed up. I really want to know everything about them. Where do they wear it? When did they get it? How did it become such an important piece? Do they have others?

WHO BRINGS A SMURF T-SHIRT TO THE DRY CLEANERS???

This will haunt me for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment