Monday, November 23, 2009

Mortally wounded

Here's something you don't want to hear:

"I'm really liking the way my hair is now. It's very Thomas Jefferson."

That was Newshead. I waited for the laugh. It never came. I scoured his words for even a hint of sarcasm. Nothing.

I mean seriously, what am I supposed to do with that? I try to be open minded and supportive of most choices but I'm sorry, you're not supposed to look like Thomas Jefferson unless you are actually playing Thomas Jefferson.

It is almost like he hates me.

Some period hairstyles fall into the category of "Retro" or "vintage" and it works. 1776 doesn't happen to be one of those periods.

Gwen Stefani has it down. It works. Mormon polygamists? Nope. Sometimes the rules aren't hard and fast. You just have to have a feel for it.

Even if he was trying to sell it to me as "Thomas Jeffersonesque" or a "modern day TJ," but no, it is straight up Thomas Jefferson.

I think I'm going to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment