Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You say potato, I say marshmallow (and I think s'more)

With Thanksgiving just around the corner I am, yet again, being manipulated into attempting domestic endeavors. I'm fairly certain that I will be ruining some mashed sweet potatoes tomorrow. I like it so much better when I am left alone to heat and assemble things that I wouldn't feed another human being.

That isn't really important. The point I'm really trying to make is that I opened the bag of marshmallows that are intended for the sweet potato dish. The first bite was really great. Full of memories of food gone by. Very satisfying. Why, oh why, can't I just stop with that? But no, I'm already 5 in and, as predicted, I've stopped actually tasting them, however, I won't stop eating them.

Now I'm at that place where I'm trying to figure out how many I need to leave in order to cover the top of the sweet potatoes and failing that, what time the store is open on Thanksgiving day so that I can pretend this whole thing never happened.

Eating is never just eating.

1 comment: