Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ballgowns any day of the week. Make it so.


I was looking at this fabulous website, Rock 'n Roll Bride, that Heath passed along to me. The pictures are fantastic and have inspired me add to my lofty list: learn how to take pictures that have great contrast and amazing colors.

http://www.rocknrollbride.com/

I love themes. Weddings that have a theme are so fantastic. My wedding was gorgeous and lovely and fantastic and really did reflect us but I don't think I had a strong enough theme. Especially my hair (what was I thinking and why didn't I splurge on some fabulous hair pieces?)

Well since that ship has sailed for me I was thinking, instead of looking with envy at these pictures why don't I think of another way to use that energy.

So here's my thinking, why can't every day have a theme? I don't believe in having the same look all the time and I like to change it up but why not up the ante a little and really go for it? Why wait for special occasions?

I remember how liberating it felt when I decided I could eat off of my fancy dessert plates any time I felt like it. (What was I saving them for?)

Why am I waiting for special events to wear some of my cutest things? No mas! I'm going to visit one of my style icons, Jessie Rae Baker, this afternoon which will provide further inspiration and solidify my new focus. I can't wait to see what she is wearing.

This actually ties into a saving problem I have that is closely tied to the hoarding thing but I'll explore that with you later.

No time now.
I have to come up with a cute outfit for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment