Friday, May 15, 2009

How much is too much and how thin is too thin?


There is a lot going around about how fat Kate Moss is. I have to say I always wanted to be as thin as she was and now I want to be as thin as she is fat.

People use the phrase "too thin" (negative connotation inferred) and while I believe there is such a thing out there walking around, I would still really like to wake up one morning and think

"Ugh. I'm too thin."

People always say "oh my! You don't want that!" But I DO. I really really do. I'm not worried about being too thin. Please. I know how to gain 4lbs in an afternoon. So what if I look tired and old and horrifyingly gaunt. I am confident that I can find my way back to needing to lose 10lbs. by the next morning.

Getting there is hard. Going back is a snap.

As if I could ever be stuck there in too thinville for more than a fleeting moment. That moment is the holy grail. I'm sure it will remain elusive forever so don't anyone start worrying. I'm fairly certain that if I was just bones and skin, I'd still be considered "curvy."

If I ever do get too thin I know just how I'll bounce back: Dominos bread bowl something or other. I've never seen it myself but I was having an online chat with a friend while she was ordering a pizza and they apparently have macaroni and cheese in a bread bowl! She was grossed out by the carb within a carb concept. If you ask me, it's genius. I do have an unusually high threshold for carb on carb. However, I would never really put it into practice. Mac & cheese bread bowl is going to be my new favorite thing I've never had. Carb nirvana.

Cut to:
Me standing in line behind a woman who was wearing jeans AND a jean jacket that were kind of the same color blue but not really. Unfortunately, I do not have the same threshold for denim on denim and the whole experience made me want to pull her messy** hair.

Once again, if you are making strong personal choices you can do anything you want. If your fantasy is an all denim day please proceed to the nearest denim jumpsuit and send me a picture of your inevitable success.

However, bank lady, you weren't creating a "denim experience" or saying to the world "I love denim!" If asked, I would bet an entire dollar that you would say "Oh, I wasn't even thinking about it." Which is my point.

Insert audible gasp here. "so much denim. Why so much?"
AND she was tiny. Extra points off!


**NOT messy good. Messy bad.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. Um, ok, so when you were standing in line behind the hated denim ladey...were you actually at Dominoes ordering the macaroni and cheese in a bread bowl, or were you in the bank?

    And, why the hatred of denim? Is it denim you hate, or, really, don't you just hate America?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that denim on denim is technically referred to as a Canadian suit...

    ReplyDelete