Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My own tiny piece of Hell


So it is 11:56PM and there are plumbers in my house...still. They have been here since 9AM. This has been going on for four days. They are supposed to be done by 6PM but for the last two days, not so much. I work late so I typically get up late, I wander around drinking coffee doing the rounds on the facebook/twitter/blog/shopbob etc. before I workout and get ready for work.

I like to spend my day in my bedroom working on the computer while still in my pajamas because I CAN not because I have to.
It's great.

It changes everything when there are four strangers on the other side of the door pounding through the walls. It changes everything when you don't have any water. I have found that getting up at an ungodly hour of the morning to take my "last chance" shower and being forced to stay in the bedroom pretending that I'm totally awake and not still in my pajamas is...well the opposite of great.

You may not think so but it really is a bother to have to put on an outfit to go out to the kitchen to get a banana only to change back into my pajamas when I get back into the bedroom. It really takes the shine off a Target trip when it feels like I just need to go somewhere to pee and hang out for awhile. The biggest joy of shopping is intent. Intending to find a public bathroom isn't as fun as it sounds.

Bottom line, this whole re-piping the apartment thing has reenforced how NOT suited I am for prison...
or camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment