Saturday, May 23, 2009

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


The thing about being sick in this day and age (well really in the last couple of months) is that you can't get away from wondering, at least for a moment, if you might have the swine flu. It is an inevitable stream of consciousness.

I'm lying in bed absolutely sure it is just a sore throat and some kind of cold but what if it isn't? What if I actually am one of the few people that has it. I can't help but entertain the feeling that I would certainly be somewhat special and unique. That's crazy! Why would I want that? Actually according to Newshead I do want the swine flu because the strain right now isn't as bad as the one that will come in the fall. If that is the case that is certainly less dramatic and who wants that?

Naturally being sick leads to my getting a little depressed. Where did I get it? Why me? Why, oh why, wasn't I taking better care of myself. Why on earth didn't I get one of those fashionable swine flu masks? I guess I'll go eat some carbs. It seems fitting. The only thing that will make me feel better. Never mind all my years of research that tells me exactly the opposite. I want bread.

Well now I feel worse and I am shocked. I should go buy more of those mushrooms that I really believe are helping my skin and my overall health. I did get sick when I ran out of them. Well I don't want to waste those things when I'm feeling sick. They are expensive. I'll take them when I get better. So for now I'll just have some mac 'n cheese.

Still feeling crappy. I'm going to put on some aqua eyeshadow and deny my illness! Mind over matter.
Hmmm. Now I look a little like a corpse. Not good. Not at all what I was going for.

This sucks.
I wonder if a cupcake will help? Now, just hear me out. How much worse can I feel and if I have already sabotoged myself why not just eat one or two or five. I'm on this road why not just continue?

Well I feel worse believe it or not. I think I'm just going to curl up like a Little Debbie swiss cake roll and go to sleep for a really really long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment