Monday, June 1, 2009

I love mushrooms! Who knew?


I'm on my second round of medicinal mushrooms. I am definitely a fan.

Seriously, I think they are working in spite of all the not good things I've been doing to myself (ice cream doesn't usually topple my resolve so I can't explain what happened there. Someone said "Dilly Bar" and I ate it. Moving on).

My skin has improved, I think my energy levels have increased (I can always use more of that, perhaps I will increase my dosage), and Newshead said that my eyes looked brighter (completely unprompted, btw).

Now you may be wondering what extensive research brought me to the mushrooms.

None.

I actually don't like mushrooms. hate 'em, think their texture is undesirable and their taste kind of icky. Not to mention I can't get over the fact that they are grown in shit.

But like most of my endeavors, I can forego my reservations and distaste if the promise of good skin, weight loss or more energy is involved.

Anne, my new work friend, who has enviable skin, hipped me to the 'shrooms. She did all the research and that was enough for me so I just bought what she had. Have to say, I'm glad I did. I'll admit, I kind of hoped they wouldn't work so I wouldn't be hooked on something that I have to keep buying but oh well, I'm a convert. And they are in pill form so nothing weird to chew or cook or touch. In fact, I just pretend they aren't mushrooms at all. Works like a charm.

If, like me, you are interested in adding mushrooms to your list of things you shouldn't spend money on but do anyway, please look up the many many benefits of medicinal mushrooms. It is rather boring/facinating stuff.

If you'd just like to take my word for it (well really Anne's) and try it yourself, here's the pertinent info:

Mushroom Science is the brand
The three we take twice a day are:
Cordyceps Cs-4 (energy and endurance)
Reishi Gano 161 (premiere tonic herb)
Coriolus-PSP (supports healthy immune system defense)

Some Whole Foods have them but I ordered them online because I ran all over the city trying to find them and realized that it isn't that easy. Click click click and they are delivered to your door.

You're welcome.

http://www.mushroomscience.com/

4 comments:

  1. This is so totally not the post about mushrooms I was hoping for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. brian amedei told me about baby tiger. he is SUCH a lady sometimes. sometimes, i'm like: jesus, brian, hike up your skirt and put some ointment on it. but sometimes, i'm like: Jesus Brian! Hike up your skirt! AAAnnnd put some ointment on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is spelled AMIDEI, Deely. I'm like, Jesus, Anita...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm buying them! I don't care about the research. I always trust a friend's new friend. Especially when it involves more energy and weight loss. Thank your friend for me. Or wait. Let's make sure nothing freakish happens to me first.

    ReplyDelete