Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Twinkle Twinkle


So I have a couple of new things that I am obsessed with.
The Astrology Zone website and a Tarot card website.

Thank you Marianne and the girls at Newshead's work, respectively, for sending me these wonderful tips.

Don't turn up your nose just yet, this shit is FUN and if you don't think so, perhaps you just need to do a couple of affirmations that sound something like "I need to lighten up."

If you still feel the uncontrollable urge to be a naysayer, it might be helpful for you to picture me turning up the volume on Barbara Streisand's "Don't Rain on my Parade" and singing at the top of my lungs while wearing an outfit that some would say doesn't "match" cuz that's the kind of mood I'm in today.

Continuing on.

Like all things in life you get out what you put in. Pondering life is never a waste of time. This stuff is a veritable springboard for a delightful stream of consciousness.

The monthly forecast on Astrology Zone is the most comprehensive I have ever seen, truly fantastic, and it doesn't hurt that my pisces horoscope is amazing this month.

And the Tarot is just like someone you trust confirming things you already know about yourself but it somehow sounds more resonant and profound coming from someone else. I have a friend, Anita, who has an amazing gift for telling you what you need to hear in the most diplomatic way. She can make "tough love" sound like a compliment and she is so intelligent and well read that you leave the conversation inspired. It is her voice I imagine when I'm reading my tarot card results. I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

Not only is it fun but it is also educational if you care to take it in that direction (and I do). Today the term "poverty consciousness" came up in my online, computer generated, totally real Tarot reading.

I think I have it and I'm pretty sure I want to get rid of it.

As I am trying to learn more about finances (and when I say "trying" I do, at this point, mean "planning") I am finding out that it isn't all about the numbers. There is a lot that has to do with my relationship with money and my thoughts surrounding it. I may, in fact, be creating my financial circumstances because I just assume I will always be just a little too poor to purchase my beloved piazza sofa.

It is funny. I never assume I will be desolate but I never think I will actually have lasting prosperity either. I've always believed I will labor for my money and thus far I have. There isn't anything wrong with working really hard at a job I don't like to support myself but why don't I feel I deserve to have a job I love that will easily support my shoes and makeup habit? Maybe I'm worried I will lose all perspective if I were to suddenly have abundance in my life. I have been refered to as "new stuff" (a name I'm actually quite fond of) because I like shiny new things. Maybe I'm afraid I will become a vapid, materialistic, narcissist with even the slightest bit of prosperity.

OMG, I am holding myself back from myself.

I really have to knock that off!

I freaking love these sites.

1 comment:

  1. oh, krista.i love how you believe and do not believe in the same sentence and it somehow does not contradict. what a charming quality. oh, and hello everyone in the Kristasphere. expect to be seeing a lot of me.

    ReplyDelete