Monday, July 27, 2009

Phlebotomist is a word I love to say and I will every chance I get

We all have something that we love about ourselves and we all have something we hate. For me these things change from moment to moment depending on life, workout, water retention etc. On those days when I have a hard time finding something to like, I can always rely on my default: I have great veins.

I received my first compliment when I was donating blood.

Phlebotomist: You have really great veins.
Me: Really?
Phlebotomist: I bet you hear that a lot.
Me: No, not really.
Phlebotomist: This is going to be my easiest stick all day. What a pleasure.
Me: Ummm, thanks.
Phlebotomist: Wow, that bag filled up quickly.

Gross.

And yet, after I recovered from passing out and was enjoying my jelly dot cookie (they made me eat it) I decided that if all else failed at least these veins were something I could always love about myself. Up to this point they were something of an annoyance. I always knew they were pretty prominent considering my practically see through skin but I didn't really have time to obsess about them what with my thighs and bad hair days and homework and stuff. Well it doesn't take as much time or effort to actually like something about yourself so I welcomed the opportunity.

I credit my veins for getting me a part in Dracula. These babies make me really attractive to vampires. Awesome.

Another plus: if I'm ever in some kind of accident and I need blood, there will be no time wasted trying to find my veins for a transfusion. That's valuable.

So anyway, my fingers feel like sausages today and I didn't have time to workout but at least I have my veins. That's all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment