Friday, August 21, 2009

Why do they stop making things that I love? Is it personal? It feels personal.

As I've established buying pants is quite a chore. Jeans are a special kind of hell. I bought the greatest pair of Citizens of Humanity wide leg jeans years and years ago after an exhaustive search. They now have a giant hole in the knee and are deteriorating quickly. I can't let them go. I love them I love them I love them. I'm thinking of a patch for the knee or some kind of decorative reinforcement. I bought them at full price when I had no money but they were the greatest investment and had a very high "happiness" return. Am I keeping them alive for me? I don't want to be selfish. Even if I were ready to put them out of their misery, there is a slight problem: I still have no money and even worse, I can't find them any longer.

I'm not ready.

I'm not ready for another search. I know I'll never find jeans as fabulous. Nothing will ever measure up. I think even if I did find the same style they wouldn't be the same. Well obviously because they aren't the same. I know that.

I'm thinking of turning to ebay. This won't be easy because I'm not one for wearing a strangers clothes and the risk factor seems high. However, if they are really cheap, I might just do it. To fulfill a quest. I'm sure it will feel like a hollow victory.

It's a silly thing to mourn. But it really is like losing a friend that always had your backside (and tried to make it look good). It will be hard to trust again.

I'm just going to see how they do this week.

1 comment:

  1. Totally try ebay. I've gotten many jeans on there WITH tags! Just make sure they say authentic. By the way, I think your jeans would feel worse if you threw them out rather than keeping them. Who wants to be thrown away?

    ReplyDelete