Monday, August 24, 2009

A Whole me at the Whole Foods

What is it about the Whole Foods that is so completely amazing? Is it the beautifully colored and stacked produce? Is it the brown rice sushi? Is it really high prices?

Something about just being there makes you feel like you are a healthier human being. It is gourmet combined with organic/environmentally consciousness. It is like nutty, crunchy, tree hugging fanciness. Who could ask for anything more?

I went in to find some dandelion tea that I read about online (I will plan to drink it two times a day and that will last about 1 day). But still. My intentions are fantastic and I wandered around the whole store for over an hour so all that healthy goodness must have sunk in just a little bit, right?

It isn't just food but their herbs, vitamins, and products are a vortex of "this will make me such a better person" spendiness.

Their prices are ridiculous. But even that makes them this unattainable, quarterback of the football team, "I'll be happy if he just says 'hi,'" I love you anyway fantasy that you can be very close to. You can buy some dandelion tea and pretend you spend all your time there.

It is a really satisfying place to be. That is all I'm trying to say.

1 comment:

  1. As long as you don't think about the fact that the CEO is actively fighting against Health Care Reform, then yes, I agree with you.

    If you do not deny that fact, it becomes very difficult to purchase any of their over-priced goods, let alone walk into the place.

    ReplyDelete