Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ok fine, fer sure fer sure, gag me and all that

I will admit I am a little concerned about this "return to the 80's" trend that has been happening and will continue through the fall.

Who ever saw that coming? I thought there was a universal agreement that it should never happen again.

While I remember the fashion was fun back then I am also alarmingly aware that it wasn't very flattering. There is a chance that my trepidation could be linked to the undeniable psychological link between fashion and emotion. 80's fashion trends may cause me to relive a whole bunch of teenage angst and insecurity that I would much rather leave behind. Perhaps I will rent Valley Girl to put me in the right emotional space for this trend. Freakin' love that movie.

And as I have always advocated trends are for picking and choosing so I will most likely pick the items that serve me well (colorful eye shadow, leggings and skirts, socks with mary janes and pumps) and leave behind the shoulder pads, stirrup pants and high-waisted jeans (my legs should never have been associated with them).

I was inspired by an eyeshadow palate the other day that I am going to go and try right now. Orange sparkly eyeshadow and purple liner.

I'm feeling better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment