Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hats for my pea head

I love hats.
I have a very small pea sized head and a lot of hats don't fit me but I really am a fan of all kinds of hats.

This fall's goal: I want to wear fancy hats more often. Which means I need to figure out a way to make that work. The key will be to find an outfit that supports an interesting or fancy hat but isn't necessarily a fancy outfit.

Truly, if I wait for fancy occasions to wear them, it'll never happen.

I shall be ruminating about it. I think that urban outfitters and forever 21 have some interesting hat offerings some times. I'll start there. But I've also discovered that there are a few people who make vintage inspired hats on etsy.

Actually, now I want to learn to be a milliner. Then I can make my own hats.

What is that?

Every time I like something I think about how I can learn to make it myself. It isn't like that will be more cost effective and I'll probably never actually take the time to learn but wouldn't it be so fun?

"Oh yeah, and she makes hats."

"Really?"

"Yep. Neat, huh?

You may be asking why that conversation would be my dream.
I really don't have an answer for you.

I found this on etsy and I'm kind of in love with it:


I actually think maybe I'm in love with her. Is it weird that I really want to BE her? Literally. Seriously, look at how cute she is with her pink striped hair and her perfect pink lips and those eyes and that porcelain skin. You know what, I'm going to work on perfecting that expression.
What are the chances that etsy lady will send me the whole head with the wig and the hat? Cut to me and my new friend having our very own "Lars and the Real Girl" thing.

I have a huge crush on a mannequin head. And I'm going to wear more hats.

And that is where we are at for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment