Sunday, October 4, 2009

The more you know...

I worked for 14 hours at a charity event and by the time I got home I wanted to burn everything I was wearing.
No outfit can sustain that kind of time. I can't wear something all day long and into the evening without getting completely sick of it. It actually makes me angry.
Now I don't need to switch as much as they do at the Oscars but I do have a limit. As cute as my outfit starts out, it always loses it's sheen about halfway through a long day.

Over wearing is a danger that no one really talks about. Until now.
I'm not afraid to speak out. I am here to warn you that once you max out, you may never wear that outfit again. And that is a tragedy.

My favorite magazine feature is the "How to take your outfit from day to night" articles. It is like a public service announcement for fashion. Some think it is a feature about convenience, but in reality it is about preserving the integrity of your relationship to your clothes.

The beauty of a day to night outfit is that you take an element of your outfit and turn it into a new outfit. You also freshen up and change your makeup and sometimes your hair thereby heading off animosity and bad moods stemming from fashion max out.

No one wins when you are full of hate...
for your clothes.

1 comment:

  1. awwwww... this reminds me of the time I was already sick of my fashion choice for the day and I hadn't even made it to work yet... I was riding the el passed your apt and I suddenly found myself getting off the train. I showed up at your doorstep begging for a better top to go with my skirt... that was in the mid- 90's... I think I returned to you that striped t-shirt just last year...
    ha!

    ReplyDelete